Dear all,

            I'm investigating an issue that I have and since I cannot get a
good lead as to what is happening I thought about asking you guys first. The
problem is a follows:

            I have a Kannel box connected to 2 operators. One of the two is
working properly and gives me no problems. The other one has the following
issues:

a)       The character @ is recoded to character hex A1 even if the message
that I get is encoded as a 7 bit message. The same happens when I send messages
with the @ character in them

b)       The UCS2 encoded messages are not recoded to UTF8 properly. The
operator is sending me UCS2 (not BE or LE) with a byte at front describing the
endian of the message. I have mo-recode set to true on the smsbox, and it seems
that recoding does not work for the operator that uses UCS2.

Is there something I can do from my side to fix the problems ??

Dimitris Evmorfopoulos