hi seik,

In case you want to work with  delivery reports,
there is no usage of dealing with the internal dlr storage.

hmm what is internal then? it does'nt say this in the manual

Instead, when sending the message, set dlr-mask to something useful value as 31,
and set dlr-url value to an accusable by Kannel URL:

the description of the dlr-mask in the user guide totally perplexed me. why is 31 a useful value?

example:

http://localhost/dlr.pgsql.php?smscID=%i&dlr=%d&answer=%A&to=%p&from=%P&ts=%T&smsID={$mesgid}&charset=%C&kannel_id=%I

$mesgid would be the unique external application ID by which you would know
what the status of the sent message is.

that's a great example thanks

Kannel will query the URL with the proper values according to the dlr-mask
value.
It ups to you to set the logic behind the dlr-url

what do you mean by "according to the dlr-mask value"? how does the dlr-mask value affect what is passed to the dlr-url?

all the above is in the manual, as usual:

http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html

Table 6-9. Parameters (Escape Codes)
Table 6-12. SendSMS-User Group Variables

and especially that one:
Table 6-16. SMS Push (send-sms) CGI Variables

okay, i had looked at all these sections although i glossed over the sms-service bit because at the moment i am not aiming to receive any messages. the fact that the dlr-url uses the same variables as the sms-service was lost on me.

it would be good if there was an example (or link to one) in the user manual under the 'internal dlr storage' seition.

i'm still baffled as to the meaning of dlr-mask

cheers

iain

in short, this is the most flexible way of monitoring your
messages status,
as you may set the dlr-url per client account or whatever rule you may have.

Regards

seik