ashwani wrote:

Hello all,

I am using kannel 1.4.1.,I want to know what is the UDH structure for
sending long sms from kannel?

I am trying the following as UDH for long sms

%0B%05%04%1A%FF%1A%FF%00%02%AF%01------for First part

%0B%05%04%1A%FF%1A%FF%00%02%AF%02-------for Second part

Where 1AFF is my destination port..

But I am getting "Malformed UDH, rejected"

you don't need to add the segment counter part into the UDH header.

Which means:

If you send a long, concatenated binary message, then simply add the UDH header part that you require for setting source, destination port, but don't set the SMS segment counter parts. Kannel will do this on it's own when it detects that the paylaod is beyond the GSM 03.40 PDU boundtry (140 octets).

Example for a Nokia ringtone:

udh="%05%04%15%81%00%00"

the rest will do Kannel on it'S own.

BTW the reason for the error you get is that the first byte 0x0B indicates the length of the following UDH header bytes, so it says 11 bytes are to follow, but you have only 10, since the first length indication byte is not counted itself. See the Nokia ringtone UDH header, length indicator is 5, and 5 bytes follow.

Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org