From: Cyrus Patel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 27 March 2007 12:11
To: users@kannel.org
Cc: 'Cyrus Patel'
Subject: Kannel "suspended" mode behaviour

Hello,

I'm currently connected to an SMSC and am trying to throttle incoming
messages by putting kannel in "suspended" mode.

My understanding of suspended mode is that kannel will stop receiving
messages and the messages will be buffered on the SMSC. When I then resume
kannel I should start receiving those buffered SMSs.

However, when I connect to my SMSC and put kannel in suspended mode and send
some SMSs from my phone they are not being buffered by the SMSC - they seem
to be being thrown away. When I resume kannel I don't receive them.

Is this the intended behavior of Kannel's suspended mode or is it just the
SMSC I'm connected to which is throwing away my SMSs?

Thanks in advance,

Cyrus

Cyrus Patel

Senior Software Engineer

Seeker Wireless

TEL:   +61 2 9499 9848

FAX:  +61 2 9499 9845

MOB: +61 413 685 795

 <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Seeker Wireless Pty. Ltd., ABN 95 106 550 805. This electronic mail includes
information from Seeker Wireless Pty Ltd which may be privileged or
confidential. This information is for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named in the greeting above. If you are not the intended recipient please be
aware that any use of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic mail in error, please notify the sender (above) by return
email.