**>Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 09:33:27 +1000 (EST)
**>From: Iain Dooley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
**>To: users@kannel.org
**>Subject: more dlr fun
**>
**>okay, so i found out i needed to have transceiver-mode on in order to
**>receive dlr's now, i'm getting this error:
**>
**>2007-04-05 08:41:22 [6888] [6] WARNING: DLR[internal]: DLR for
**>DST<61424261976> not found.
**>2007-04-05 08:41:22 [6888] [6] ERROR: SMPP[0001]: got DLR but could not
**>find message or was not interested in it id<1528835378> dst<(null)>,
**>type<4>
**>
**>i found this message in the archive:
**>
**>http://www.mail-archive.com/users@kannel.org/msg05388.html
**>
**>which says i need to set msg-id-type. i read the user guide about
**>msg-id-type:
**>
**>"Optional, specifies which number base the SMSC is using for the message
**>ID numbers in the corresponding submit_sm_resp and deliver_sm PDUs. This
**>is required to make delivery reports (DLR) work on SMSC that behave
**>differently. The number is a combined set of bit 1 and bit 2 that indicate
**>as follows: bit 1: type for submit_sm_resp, bit 2: type for deliver_sm. If
**>the bit is set then the value is in hex otherwise in decimal number base.
**>Which means the following combinations are possible and valid: 0x00
**>deliver_sm decimal, submit_sm_resp decimal; 0x01 deliver_sm decimal,
**>submit_sm_resp hex; 0x02 deliver_sm hex, submit_sm_resp decimal; 0x03
**>deliver_sm hex, submit_sm_resp hex. In accordance to the SMPP v3.4 specs
**>the default will be a C string literal if no of the above values is
**>explicitly indicated using the config directive."
**>
**>urrr ... pardon my spanish but que? i have absolutely not idea what this
**>means.

(Docbook [DSSSL] doesn't handle table-within-a-table well. As a
 result, you don't see something like this in the userguide.)

+===========================================================================+
| msg-id-type | deliver_sm | submit_sm_resp | Definition                    |
| (decimal)   |            |                |                               |
+===========================================================================+
|  undefined  |    N/A     |      N/A       | msg-id are opaque C strings   |
|             |            |                | (null-terminated 7-bit ASCII) |
|             |            |                | and Kannel should not try any |
|             |            |                | conversion techniques.        |
+-------------+------------+----------------+-------------------------------+
|      0      |     0      |       0        | Everyone represents msg-id    |
|             |            |                | as decimal numbers.           |
+-------------+------------+----------------+-------------------------------+
|      1      |     0      |       1        | After submitting an SMS, SMSC |
|             |            |                | will return a hexidecimal     |
|             |            |                | msg-id. When SMSC sends a DLR |
|             |            |                | it will use the decimal value |
|             |            |                | of the hexidecimal msg-id     |
|             |            |                | originally in the             |
|             |            |                | submit_sm_resp.               |
+-------------+------------+----------------+-------------------------------+
|      2      |     1      |       0        | After submitting an SMS, SMSC |
|             |            |                | will return a decimal msg-id. |
|             |            |                | When SMSC sends a DLR, it     |
|             |            |                | will use the hexidecimal      |
|             |            |                | value of the decimal msg-id   |
|             |            |                | originally in the             |
|             |            |                | submit_sm_resp.               |
|      3      |     1      |       1        | Everyone represents msg-id    |
|             |            |                | as hexidecimal numbers.       |

See ya...

d.c.