my reply goes directely to Clay and not in the forum.

You can use sendsms tool in kannel.
type in your favorite browser : http://host:13013/cgi-bin/sendsms?username=tester&password=foobar&to=229&text=test
you can also implement your own program to do it.

*/host /*= your ip address our hostname
*/username/* and */password/* are values of your parameters in *sendsms-user group

*--
Djiby SY
gsie Technology
Dakar Sénégal

Clay Zevely a écrit :
Is there a command line and instructions I can use to test kannel with the
smsc? I have installed kannel and on the smsc I see I am binding via smpp.
At this point all seems well.

What I want to do is send an sms via smpp from the kannel to the smsc to
verify My kannel is configured correctly.

I have see lots of messages on this and as a new user none of them have been
of any help.

All I would like if possible is an example and instructions on the easiest
and fastest way to Send a test message from kannel to the smsc via smpp.

Clay Zevely Homisco 99 Washington Street Melrose, MA 02176 Phone: 781-665-1997
Fax: 781-665-3013
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]