I've seen sometimes bearerbox taking several secconds to startup. try
waiting some secconds after launch bearerbox and then run smsbox.

I've edited the kannel service startup file and add a "sleep 15" entry
between the bearebox startup and the smsbox startup. You may want to
adjust the time for the sleep..

I had that problem when compiling kannel in fed5. however when using
the fed5 rpm included in fed 5 i didn had that problem

Regards

Alvaro

On 4/24/07, Johan R.-Ericson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 24/04/07, Stipe Tolj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Johan R.-Ericson wrote:
>
> > Hello Kannel users!
> >
> > Hopefully someone can help me. I've been trying to get this working -
> > unsuccessfully - for a while now. I am using the following configuration
> > but
> > as soon as I fire up the Kannel server the smsbox process dies. Does
anyone
> > have any suggestion as to why this is?
> >
> > Also, I'm not getting any useful log messages anywhere either.
>
> you are starting bearerbox first and then smsbox?
>
> smsbox is the daemon that uses the Kannel internal abstraction msg format
> provided by bearerbo to the HTTP application layer, but it can't run "on
its
> own". So you always need to fire up bearerbox first and then smsbox.
>
> Stipe

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I always start the bearerbox first and then the smsbox. However, the
smsbox only lives for a few seconds after startup and then dies...

/johan