What I mean is:

1) in your web app create an script that listens to "internal
messages" at an url with appropiate variables (user/pass/to/msg/etc).

2) In your app also create a way to send a message to kannel -using
sendsms for example- where, when sending a msg to a usr it routes the
message to the specific smsc you create for "internal messages". with
sendsms use smsc= parameter to specify the smsc to use so kannel will
use that smsc to deliver the message

for internal msg in kannel you can use something like:

# SMSC HTTP INTERNAL
group = smsc
smsc = http
smsc-id = nil