Hi Nasir,

have you tried to open the port with minicom already.
If yes, can minicom detect your modem?
What kind of data connection has that modem, USB?

You should post your output from kannel and you settings, the smsc and the modem part.

Guenther
Davao City, Philippines, Planet Earth, 32°C

Nasir Iqbal wrote:
Hi,

I am new to Kannel. I want to test Kannel with samsung X100  on a Linux
Machine (Fedora core 5). Samsung X-100 is contected to /dev/ttyS1, and I
have configured modemtype=auto in kannel.conf but kannel is unable to
detect it.

Is samsung x-100 supported by kannel. Has any body tried it out?. with
what configuration? Please guide me how I can setup it

Nasir Iqbal