I was able to get my debian to create the ttyUSB0 device for the cingular
8125 smartphone
I was able to do this by upgrading to the rom 2.5 plus.
that was a struggle.

But now here is my next challange:
1. I am using a 8125 from cingular..i just would like to know if that phone
works or am i spinning my wheels.  If there is another phone from a US
company that works..i would like to know about it..please.
Can you give me some commands that i can use on it..to get that answer? I
already tried some generic stuff on the web..no luck.
2. Is there another phone from att or cingular that works with kannel??
3. Can i get the config files for that setup ???
4. The minicom i have tried to issue the commands..produced nothingt..is
there something else that i can use that is easier? or something i can
handle????
I am under a tight deadline..any help would be greatly appricated.
thanks
mjh