I'm not sure if kannel can help me out here or not since I am new to
dealing with SMS technology. Here is what we want to do: We are going to
put up some billboards asking potential clients to text message to a
certain number and then we will send them a canned reply. That's it.
Pretty simple. I need an SMS gateway provider and a way to get the number. Can anyone recommend one? We are located in San Diego if it matters. And will kannel be required to talk to this gateway provider or is kannel to be used on a box with its own SS7 link for actually sending the messages? This is the part I am most unclear on.