From: ashwani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 8:29 AM
To: Andrei Ionescu; users@kannel.org
Cc: 'Kannel Users'
Subject: RE: SMPP +sign shortcodes, npi/ton and unified-prefix

Hi Andrei,

I faced the similar problem, here is the solution

In implementing kannel 1.4.1, we found that messages were getting
rejected by kannel with the following error

"Malformed Address, expected at lest 7 char"

On checking it was found that Operator SMSC was sending messages with
"ton =1" which means international. Now, as per SMPP 3.4, international
ton would require destination address of at lest 7 digit.

To resolve this issue, we had to change in kannel smpp file where we
reduced the minimum digit of destination number to 4

Go to  /server-location of kannel/gateway1.4.1/gw/smsc

Edit file named smsc_smpp.c  and change

                        if (octstr_len(addr) < 7) {

if (octstr_len(addr) < 4) {

And then recompile the kannel i.e install the kannel freshly.

Hope this help

Ashwani Kumar

Sr Engineer

Professional Service

Phone:

+91 1126686000

Fax:

+91 11 26671230

Mobile:

+91 9911761010

Web:

www.telegentelecom.com

This message contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
exclusively for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any disclosure,
distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the addressee, or a person responsible for
delivering the message to the addressee, or if you have simply received
this message in error, please do not make any use of it nor disclose any
of its contents to anyone and please advise the sender by immediate
reply and delete the original message. E-mails are susceptible to
corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, Tele-Gen does not
accept any liability for any such changes or for their consequences and
maintains the right to take legal action where necessary. Thank you for
your co-operation and compliance.