Hi all,

To monitor our kannel connections with the SMSC's, I wrote a little PHP script. When a connection is down, it can send an e-mail, and a SMS. Sending SMS will be done using a clickatell account.

The script uses netstat to check the connections, so this would only run on linux. It works with the PHP5 CGI, so you only have to install the php5 cgi version, if your server doesn't run a webserver.

You can configure the connections you would like to monitor, based on IP and PORT number. You can also define a timeout. If the connection is down for more than xx seconds, it will send you an alert. Because in my experience a lot of connection restore themselves automatically within half an hour.

If somebody would like to use this, I could send the script to the list (is that possible/allowed?), or I could put it somewhere to download. If you're interested, let me know.

Kind regards,
Roland.