Hi Alvaro,

Regarding the +CMTI error, I do receive them when the incomming
message get corrupted somehow -donĀ“t know the reason yet- but it seems
to be related to another error I get from my modem: SIM BUSY. The
effect of this is that after all modem memories locations get full,
the modem stop receiving messages.

The workarround I use is to stop kannel, read all modem memory
locations (AT+CMGL) then delete memories (AT+CMGD=x, Where x is the
memory location to be deleted. Varies according to the modem), then
start kannel. After that I do manually insert the messages to my
system in order to process the received message.

hmm in the past i never had to worry about the sim memory because i kannel seemed to just delete messages as soon as it read them. is that not the case?

You might also want to add AT+CMEE=x into modem init string to enable
modem error verbose to help debugging.

okay i'll try this as well.

cheers

iain