Hi Jim

This is not an issue related to Kannel but to the SSL Certification
Authority mechanism.

In order for a browser to "accept" a cert as valid by default, the owner of
the CA should register itself with the  browser developper/owner
(MS/Mozilla/Opera/etc) and, depending on the browser, this could cost
several thousands  -and even millions- of dollars. Therefore only big/medium
CA are able to be listed on default accepted CA within most common browsers.

Normally once you tell your browser to accept a cert from a non listed CA,
your browser will remember this and should not ask you to accept the cert
again.

I do work with self signed certs and just tell my customers about this and
have no problems.

Regards

Alvaro

--
Envíe y Reciba Datos y mensajes de Texto (SMS) hacia y desde cualquier