--- Begin Message ---
:) every sql db has its advantages.

I use PostgreSQL in a view its stability and features I cant find in
MySQL or Oracle ...
In short rules on insert/update and MO service descriptions stored in
the db make my life easier. We simply avoid http requests because we
handle the MO on insert ... :) And we have implemented the MT charging
of value added services very easily.

I am quite sure there are similar or even better implementations of
MySQL , Oracle or MS SQL.

RE: setting sqlbox to handle all the traffic, its good idea to contact
the current sqlbox maintainer, there were a lot of improvements these
days. I use old patched version of the sqlbox.

In short, you set the sqlbox to listen to the bearerbox, and the smsbox
to listen to the sqlbox port instead to the bearerbox .. :)
the following scheme is not full but i hope you will get the idea ..

SMSC<->bearerbox:port<-sqlbox:port<-smsbox->http:sendsms>port:bearerbox<->SMSC

cheers

Nikos Balkanas wrote:
> Hi Seikath,
>
> Postgress might be a bit on the heavy side for plain DLR storage. I tend
> to agree with you about SQLbox being a better choice for DLRs.
>
> Thanx for the input,
> Nikos
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "seikath" <seik...@gmail.com>

--- End Message ---