Unfortunately not. Kannel just reopens log files with -HUP. You need to restart to change configuration.

BR,
Nikos
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ishtiaq Ahmed" <ishtiaq.ah...@ooober.com>
To: "hafez ahmad" <hafezad...@gmail.com>
Cc: <users@kannel.org>
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: shutdown or restart one SMPP connection

Hi Hafez,

I think upon recieving the HUP signal Kannel do re-read its configuration files..

killall -HUP bearerbox wapbox smsbox || true > /dev/null 2> /dev/null

Try this up... I am not sure but may this work for you.

Regards,

Ishtiaq Ahmed

hafez ahmad wrote:
But another related question please, if I add new SMPP connection , can I start the connection without shutdown the bearerbox and the smsbox?

Regards,
hafez