Precicely. As I indicated in my original response, it is not the functionality that kriko asks for. Unless what he asks for is a simple SMPP connection, and simply was mistated. Nevertheless a neat trick, wouldn't you say?

BR,
Nikos
----- Original Message ----- From: "Falko Ziemann" <fal...@gmail.com>
To: "Nikos Balkanas" <nbalka...@gmail.com>
Cc: <users@kannel.org>; "kriko" <kristjan.ug...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, February 16, 2009 10:22 PM
Subject: Re: Using kannel as smpp server

Well, that doesn't really meets the definition of proxy as I understand it, but that's splitting hairs. I think Kriko now knows what kannel does and what not:
- has SMPP (and various other protocols) Client
- has HTTP (and no other protocols) Server
- can route between them all
- can be made a SMPP server with commercial addon
- has dozens of other features which have nothing to do with this ;-)

Regards
Falko