From: Tshimanga Minkoka [mailto:tshimanga.mink...@vodacom.cd]
Sent: lundi 11 mai 2009 00:59
To: users@kannel.org
Cc: Nikos Balkanas; kenbell...@gmail.com; sangprabv; info.ubichip; Alvaro
Cornejo
Subject: RE: Fastest Modem for Kannel

Hi,

We are using a lot of Kannel through SMPP and modems.
The best we could get with Wavecom through serial port was a throughput of 1
SMS/ 5 sec. With a Huawei E200 through USB port we had 1 SMS / 1 sec.
My opinion is that through USB port we have more recent devices (that have
more speed capacity built in the HW) and the USB port works faster than the
serial one.
I will recommend you buy a dedicated USB modem, not a mobile handset (or
normal phone with modem capacity).

Regards,

Tshimanga.