And, by the way, this has nothing to do with OT-56. This operation is used when YOU want to delete a message that you have stored in the SMSC before but that is not delivered yet.
(but as far as I know this operation is not supported in kannel)

Falko

Am 08.06.2009 um 16:46 schrieb Nikos Balkanas:

Sure it does:

#define DLR_SMSC_FAIL       0x10

Just use the right dlr-mask

BR,
Nikos
----- Original Message ----- From: "Beatrice Tamburrino" <beatrice.tamburr...@gmx.ch >
To: <users@kannel.org>
Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 4:34 PM
Subject: Get notification if SMS has been discarded from SMSC

Hi!

I've almost finished my SMS Application which sends SMS to a Kannel Server and waits on a Port for dlr's. Im facing only one problem right now, I hope somebody can help me on that..

Im using the emi protocol to a provider. The provider supports the extended operations OT 51-58, where OT-56 is: Delete Message operation.

So the problem is, that if I receive a dlr code=4, the message will be buffered on the SMSC. After a while (I suppose that configurations is made by the provider) the buffered message will be descarded from the SMSC. But my application dosn't get any notification (or the kannel client is not getting any notification).

Is kannel able to handle that information from SMSC with the EMI protocol? Any ideas?

xox beatrice
--
GMX FreeDSL mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate und Telefonanschluss nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!
http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-aktionspreis/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a