Hello everyone,
 I have installed kannel 1.4.3 to my ubuntu 9.04. I have also connected a
huawei E72 modem to it, for sending and receiving sms. I will paste my
config file below for trouble shooting.

I can send sms well, and they get delivered to my phone with no problem. But
when I reply the sms, it gets received by kannel, but nothing happens after
that. when i look at the localhost:13000/status page, i see

SMS: received 1 (5 queued), sent 0 (0 queued), store size 5

all the received sms get queued, and none gets processed. I tried commenting
my sms-service and left only the default one, but still no sms got
processed, i didn't even get the default reply sms.

I have googled the problem for like three days now, everyone seems to have a
problem with SENDING sms, but there don't seem to be anyone with a problem
receiving or processing sms. So far I feel like I'm the only one with this
problem.

>From my config file, you will see I have tried soo many different options,
everything you see that is commented, i have tried uncommenting, but didn't
work.

My configuration file is below, I have not hidden or edited anything, all
the numbers and password and settings are as is.

#
# Sample configuration file for Kannel bearerbox on Debian.
# See the documentation for explanations of fields.
#

# HTTP administration is disabled by default. Make sure you set the
# password if you enable it.

group = core
admin-port = 13000
smsbox-port = 13001
admin-password = bar
#admin-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
#admin-allow-ip = ""
log-file = "/home/malaikamkuu/kannel/bearerbox.log"
log-level = 1
#box-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
#box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
#unified-prefix = "00358,0"
store-type = spool
store-location = "/home/malaikamkuu/kannel/spool"

# SMSC CONNECTIONS
#
group = smsc
smsc = at
smsc-id = vodamodem
#port = 10000
modemtype = auto
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
#sms-center = +255775025119
#my-number = 12345
#connect-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1;192.168.n.m"
sim-buffering = true
keepalive = 5

group = smsbox
smsbox-id = kubuntu
bearerbox-host = 127.0.0.1
sendsms-port = 13013
global-sender = 12345
sendsms-chars = "0123456789 +-"
log-file = "/home/malaikamkuu/kannel/smsbox.log"
#log-level = 0
access-log = "/home/malaikamkuu/kannel/access.log"
http-request-retry = 5
http-queue-delay = 5

group = sendsms-user
username = tester
password = foobar
#user-deny-ip = ""
#user-allow-ip = ""

# this sender is for Kannel relay testing (http_smsc)

#group = sendsms-user
#username = kannel
#password = rL4y
#user-deny-ip = "*.*.*.*"
#user-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"

group = sms-service
keyword = kamusi
#keyword-regex = .*
catch-all = true
max-messages = 0
get-url = "http://localhost/dictsms/index.php?sender=%p&text=%r&word=%s";
#accept-x-kannel-headers = true
#max-messages = 0
#concatenation = true

#group = sms-service
#keyword = nop
#text = "You asked nothing and I did it!"

# this service is for Kannel relay testing, when this Kannel
# works as relay gateway

#group = sms-service
#keyword = relay
#get-url = "
http://localhost:15130/sms?user=kannel&pass=rL4y&from=%p&to=%P&text=%r";
#max-messages = 0

# there should be default always

group = sms-service
keyword = default
text = "No service specified"
#exec = /home/malaikamkuu/kannel/kannel_incoming %t %q %a

group = modems
id = vodacom_e172
name = "Huawei E220"
detect-string = "huawei"
init-string = "ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0"
message-storage = "SM"
need-sleep = true
speed = 460800

P.S: I CAN SEND SMS, and I CAN RECEIVE, but they get queued, and are not
processed by the sms-services

Thanks in Advance,
 Godfrey Kapinga a.k.a malaikamkuu