hi marcin,

could please share this valuable information; it would be really delight.

What type of provisions we have to do in SMSC; what we need on SMSC side to be
enabled.

Regards,

Sandesh K

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 17:04:41 +0530  wrote

>2009/12/3 Elton Hoxha

> Hello,

> I have partially succeded to connect to USSD, sending MO requests, but then
> I`m stuck, sessions remains open until it is droped by Core Network.

> Anyway if you have any conf sample would be a lot of help.

Hey all,

we are using kannel as gateway for USSD services with success.

Generally if you want to use just USSD strings conf may look like this:

group = smsc

smsc-id = MVNO-USSD-STRING

smsc = smpp

host = 10.10.10.10

port = 5014

smsc-username = "foo"

smsc-password = "bar"

system-type = "VMA"

service-type = "EA"

log-file= /var/log/kannel-ussd/ussd_strings.log

log-level= 0

wait-ack-expire = 1

If you need menu based services just change:

service-type = "CR"

It works pretty with Hu*wei USSDC.

Soon I'll be ready to release HTTP backend which can be used in

sms-service (nifty GUI, menus, games, polls, etc.).

If you are interested in such solution just let me know - i'll try to

speed things up ;-)

Marcin Boćkowski

tel. +48 79 69 0 69 79