Hi,

forced-smsc on the sms-service group doesn't seem to work all the
time; I have noticed that sometimes a message will get routed to an
smsc that wasn't specified using forced-smsc ... and I can only
attribute it to forced-smsc not working all the time.

I combatted this problem by using

group = smsc
smsc = at
smsc-id = phone2
preferred-smsc-id = "phone1;phone2"

so that the message is routed to phone2 regardless.

If I put only preferred-smsc-id = "phone2" then occasionally the
message gets routed to phone1.  I am guessing that two things can be
happening, either the forced-smsc parameter is unreliable for whatever
reason, or kannel's internal routing mechanisms ignore preferences
based on some heuristics like load?

Is this known behaviour?

cheers,

ravi