February 18, 2010.

Dear All,

I am a newbie in a LINUX environment and learning it everyday through
tutorials. I know it would take some time so I have no complaints.
I intend to develop a SMS (sending and receiving) system for our community
members (around 2000 people). I have gone through the installation and user
guides of KANNEL and have even installed it but I find it quite difficult to
manage in a LINUX environment till I complete my tutorials.

Can someone advise me how to setup KANNEL in any WINDOWS OS ? Which type of
Modem or Mobile phone can be used ? Has anyone used TELTONIKA brand of GSM
(USB Based) Modems in Kannel application because these are the only brand
easily available in our local market ?

Is there any step - by - step guidelines available from any list member ???

I would greatly appreciate a swift and positive reply from the members.

Have a nice day !!!!

Regards

A NEWBIE