Lectori Salutem,

This email is about Chimit's smppbox.

The rights to the smppbox code have been obtained by a third party, but
fortunately there is some good news for the open source community.

An early version of smppbox (smpp v.3.0) will now be donated back to the
community. This version is by no means perfect and developers and investors
are invited to contribute. All in the spirit of being an open-source
community.

Chimit already developed the successful sqlbox, which is now part of the
main stream Kannel distribution, so if we all cooperate, this smppbox can go
the same way.

To get you started, here is a preliminary download:
http://www.chimit.nl/kannel/smppbox.tar.

Unfortunately, due to the expected response, we cannot give you support on
this software, other than via the usual Kannel users mailing groups. There
is nobody with experience on this particular matter of software, so please
bear with me. I have little time to spend on free software. But releasing
smppbox is a priority now, even when I cannot give sufficient support to all
of you.

If you want a carrier-grade, commerialy widely deployed smppbox or EMI
server functionality, we direct you to the alternatives. For instance the
smppbox that Stipe Tolj provides (s...@tolj.org).

Cheers to all,

Rene Kluwen
Chimit