I've run ./configure, and it spews out piles of stuff.
The first time I ran it, I was missing libxml... so I installed that. Now it seems to be configuring OK because I see the license information at the end, no error messages, and one of the lines says "config.status: creating Makefile"

As instructed in the docs, I type "make", and this is the response:

-bash: make: command not found

So what am I doing wrong?

Some of the configure output says:
"checking for /blah blah blah ... no"
"checking for /blah blah blah ... no"
"checking for /blah blah blah ... no"

Are all of these things required? Most of them are "yes", but there are some "no"'s scattered throughout.

Apologies for being a relatively new Linux user

Ian