InnoDB is a bad idea if you're expecting to have a big number of DLR's
waiting: The DLR engine uses "SELECT COUNT(*)" which happens to be painfully
slow on InnoDB.

The data won't be minimal, and you'll end up having to manually purge old
records (sometimes not all DLR's are received back from the carrier).

I suggest you to have two indexes: one on smsc + ts and the other one on
stamp (to be able to delete old records).

Regards,

Alex