From: Aldo Zavala <a...@cleartalk.net>
Subject: recommended system
To: users@kannel.org
Date: Thursday, 22 July, 2010, 10:55 AM

Hi, I am planning to deploy Kannel in a live environment with a starting small
traffic, like 1-2 request/sec.
My settings only have 10-15 sms-services, have connected a maximum of 5 SMC's,
stores all delivery reports and sent sms's in MySQL database. Daemons running
are: Bearerbox, smsbox, sqlbox, and smppbox. No WAP Push or OTA services are
present.

I only have one available server system for two purposes: Kannel Server and
rsync Push File Server. (Note: The rsync push server it's a CDR -Call Detail
Record- Server that pushes CDR files to remote entities.)

Dell PowerEdge 2970
 - 2x Quad Core AMD Opteron 2.2GHz 4x512K Cache
 - 8GB 800MHz, Dual Ranked RAM
 - 3x 500GB 7.2K RPM SATA 2.5-in Hard Disk
 - PERC 6/i, x8 (RAID-5)
 - Redundant Power Supply

My boss asked me to try to deploy Kannel in the same CDR Server, so I am
thinking in try the "VMware vSphere", that way I could have two virtual servers
running in the same system: CDR and Kannel Servers.

Please advice:
- Is this a crazy idea?
- Do you recommend to have the LAMP server running in the same Kannel server?
or is better to have two independent servers?

Thanks a lot!!

Aldo Zavala