From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Cariotoglou Mike
Sent: Wednesday, 25 August, 2010 19:22
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Problem with Regular Expressions

Hi, I am new to Kannel. I am using 1.4.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 Server. I am
trying to set up an SMS gateway, which will connect to smsc using SMPP.
before actually connecting to the smsc, I am testing locally, using
fakesmsc. The problem I am having is that the keyword-regex variable
does not seem
to be working as documented.
specifically :

the SMS message I am trying to match looks like this :
SLGxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no spaces at all, a single string)

This configuration seems to work, although there is no <SLG> word in the
message, assuming that "word" implies space-delimiters:

group = sms-service
name = SLG
keyword = SLG
text = "Hi there,SLG"
catch-all = true

although it shouldn't work, IMHO! (it should work for <SLG 123>, but not
for <SLG123>, yet it does)

this configuration, which is the one I want, does not work at all:

group = sms-service
name = SLG
keyword-regex = "^SLG[0-9]+"
text = "Hi there,SLG"
catch-all = true

according to my understanding of regular expressions, this should match
SLG123, and NOT match SLGAAAA.
it actually matches NOTHING.

Could you please explain why, and, in general, how can I match a message
that STARTS with a pattern, but does NOT contain any word delimiters ?

Mike