This depends on the SMSC, one of my SMPP connections is set to 30, others
are set to 5, while another connection is balanced to 3 connections each one
has a max-pensing-submits=25 (75 in total)

Try to increase it and monitor the delivery of the messages, make sure there
is no drops and define your real limits. By the way, the default
max-pending-submits is 10

Best Regards,
Mohammed M I Sleem

http://www.abusleem.net  - Personal blog