Make sure rpm -qa | grep sqlite returns the appropriate sqlite and
sqlite-devel package. On a second note, I had to download sqlite 3
(Amalgamation - http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-amalgamation-3070500.zip) and
converted to RPM. I have attached a  SPEC file by Steve found on the CentOS
Wiki (
http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=23339&forum=38)
which you can rebuild from the amalgamation source. After rebuilding and
installing the sqlite rpms, try and re-compile Kannel. It worked for me and
so I hope it helps you.

Regards!

--
*Mfawa Alfred Onen*
*M.Sc Telecoms, B.Eng Elect/Elect, CCNA, RHCE(in view)*

E-Mail: systemad...@binghamuni.edu.ng
Phone1: +234 805 944 3154
Phone2: +234 803 079 6088