I experienced the same thing several times, however there are 95% chances
that the issue is at your application end (meaning application sent the
messages multiple times due to some error). Kannel had nothing to with my
issues. I can advise you to check application logic. If you are using
SQLBOX, check if the messages are logged in there multiple times as well,
coz that would guarantee the issue to be at the application end.