First back up your configuration file.  Afterwards prepare a new one based
on the old one. Some parameters could have changed names and others
deprecated. So go through the current user guide as it will advise you on
what to add/remove.  Afterwards install kannel 1.5.0 and test it with the
new config.  If you get any problems, we are here on the list to help.

P.