I suggest you read the Kannel users manual at
http://www.kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html and
after that send any questions you have to the list.

== Rene

From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Jorge Raimundo
Sent: Tuesday, 13 December, 2011 17:48
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: Noob general doubt - Just want to send messages via smpp

Hi all!

In my company we've started working with a SMSC provider in order to send a
large amount of messages on a regular basis.

The provider stated that for a large amount of messages it is preferable to
send them using the SMPP protocol, so basically we must have an application
that works as an external short message entity (ESME) that connects to their
SMSC.

I've downloaded kannel from svn and managed to compile it successfully, but
now I'm a bit lost without knowing how to pull this of. What do I need to
configure and how do I use kannel to send messages in this particular case.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,
Jorge

--

Image removed by sender. Multivision

Jorge Raimundo

RAN Consultant | jorge.raimu...@multivision.pt

.

Rua António Albino Machado, Nº33, 2ºB.

S. Domingos de Benfica, 1600 - 870 Lisboa

Fixed PT: +351 21 155 20 53 | Mobile PT: +351 91 933 13 67

www.multivision.pt <http://www.multivision.pt/>

<<image001.jpg>>