Yes, you are right. This is a bug.

== Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: users-boun...@kannel.org [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] On Behalf
Of Turcol
Sent: Wednesday, 15 February, 2012 03:38
To: users@kannel.org
Subject: RE: OpenSMPPBox command_status: 13 = 0x0000000d - Invalid SMPP PDU
received.

Rene, thanks a lot for your prompt reply, and for the tip about the
delimiter. This is what I found, and looks like a sort of bug, and should
not happen:

If  any of the lines above the line that have the information to
authenticate the client is missing the last token (source ip address to
restrict logins), then the bind will failed (command_status: 13)

It wont happen if the line to authenticate the client is above the line that
is missing the last token (source ip address to restrict logins)

You can duplicate it like this:

This will fail:
--------------------------
system-id-01 password-01 system-type-01
client-02 password-02 locahost 127.0.0.1
nms greenbay mysmsc *.*.*.*

This will work:
system-id-01 password-01 system-type-01 127.0.0.1
client-02 password-02 locahost 127.0.0.1
nms greenbay mysmsc *.*.*.*

It does not matter if the delimiter is either a space or tab, as some other
people have mentioned in the forum that works with tabs and not with space.
They may have moved the authentication line to a different position in the
file that make the difference.

Again, many thanks for your hard work Rene.