Hi lists,

I'm intentionally cross-posting here, sorry for the noise of those getting it on both channels.

I have been finalizing the GSMA OneAPI v1.0 SOAP/XML protocol support for Kannel for SMS send/receive. In fact in the meantime, as all seem to jump on the "SOAP/XML is sooo complicated, let's so all the RESTful approach", so did the GSMA.

In OneAPI v2.0 SMS they go rather with a RESTful approach exchanging JSON objects via HTTP.

Is there general interest to support this as client side protocol in Kannel? If yes, please argue why, and if there are real world production environments already out with Telcos using the OneAPI v2.0 interface, and we can go for an reference implementation.

Looking forward to comments.
Stipe

Kölner Landstrasse 419
40589 Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

tolj.org system architecture      Kannel Software Foundation (KSF)
http://www.tolj.org/              http://www.kannel.org/

mailto:st_{at}_tolj.org           mailto:stolj_{at}_kannel.org