Hello,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Joan <aseq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It took quite a lot of time to find out that the version 1.4.3 doesn't
> support a quite typical format for the DLR timestamps, so I'll document it
> here for the other people that might be affected.
> kannel 1.4.3 supports without issues the format defined in the SMPP
> specification 3.4 for DLR timestamps (YYMMDDhhmm) (Appendix B), but it's
> common now to find providers using a format with seconds (YYMMDDhhmmss).
> Kannel 1.4.3 won't be able to read that timestamp and will mark all the
> replies as if there was a malformed response.
>
> There is a patch in kannel source tree to change this, but probably involves
> more changes to work (simply applying the patch doesn't work)
> https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/repository/revisions/4749/diff/trunk/gw/smsc/smsc_smpp.c
>
> So the people using debian should be aware of this, a working .deb  with 1.5
> can be found here ->  https://redmine.kannel.org/projects/kannel/files

Nice to know that. Has anyone tried that .deb package on Ubuntu
Server? Does it work on it out-of-the-box?

There is also an Arch Linux PKGBUILD on AUR for version 1.5.0:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kannel/

> By the way, since 1.5.0 has been pretty stable for at least one year
> (according to the mailing list), are there any plans to retag the 1.5 as the
> current stable?

A little contribution on the topic:

I've been using the 1.5.0 on my developemnt machine for about a year,
so far I did not run into any problems related to that version. In
fact, it seemed more stable than the 1.4.3 version, which keeps giving
me:

2013-01-21 11:24:26 [1234] [6] ERROR: AT2[mycenter]: CMS ERROR: +CMS ERROR: 321
2013-01-21 11:24:26 [1234] [6] ERROR: AT2[mycenter]: CMS ERROR:
Invalid memory index -> don't worry, just memory fragmentation. (321)

That does not really cause malfunction, just mess up the log file a little.

The AUR PKGBUILD has 13 votes (which on Arch Linux community indicates
some kind of stability aprooval,
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/kannel/). So a lot people have been
using and testing it for a while as just a percentage of people who
actually use the package actually take time to vote.

Regards,
Rudy