Hi,

I’m using kannel send-sms interface to send messages through an SMPP link.

When sending long messages I’m using message_payload tlv field instead of
message text.

I can send dcs 0 messages (ASCII) using smpp_payload without any problem.

When my message contains special characters (like acutes) I use UCS-2 as
datacoding for the sms, and UTF-16 to encode the text when generating the
message in my application.

The problem is: as this coding uses 16 bit characters, and first 8 bit part
for most characters is 00, in some point of kannel internals, these zeros
seems to be taken as end of string \0, so the resulting sms is empty.

Any ideas on how to fix or workaround this issue?

Thanks,

Germán Bobr
 <mailto:german.b...@redmondsoftware.com> german.b...@redmondsoftware.com

<<image001.png>>