> HI
> thx for the relpay i was wondering if someone will help :)
> the fact is that we tunned the max-pending-requests and we ve concluded
> that about 800 is the best value and if we go up the results go worst, but
> the smsbox-max-pending we havent added such parametre; can you please
> explain it, is it, the smsbox-max-pending, is the queue between the smsbox
> and our portal?

I can't imagine why do you need such high rate of sending MT messages for
university unless you're spamming your students every second ..

The speed also very much depends on your SMSC upstream providers, network
link between you and them, TCP RTT (re-transmissions), etc.

The general settings for throughput between you and smsc are:

1) throughput -- limits MT/sec
2) max-pending-submits -- unofficial parameter, controls how many
"outstanding" operations between you and SMSC (e.g. unacknowledged
submit_sm packets)

Try tuning these two parameters to get maximum of your upstream SMSC. Do it
carefully to not get THROTTLED errors or MAX_QUEUE errors. Consulting your
provider is highly recommended.

> if i make it more simple:
>
> what is the difference between the tow variable that you gived to us :
> smsbox-max-pending
> and max-pending-requests ? and where are they placed, i mean if there is
> tow pending queue, i think one is in front of the bearerbox ( can i assume
> it is the max-pending-requests ?) and one between the bearerbox and the
> smsbox ? ( should it be the smsbox-max-pending ???) if my assumption are
> right i could be the bottleneck coz we havent touch such parametre, and if
> so the default value is about how much?

check user-guide, it's available on the WEB:
http://kannel.org/download/kannel-userguide-snapshot/userguide.html

bottleneck is most likely your code in DLR-url parsing script not the
kannel itself.

try testing with different conditions:

1) without DLR reports at all
2) with DLR but without your url hit
3) with DLR and your URL

Also, you might want to consider switching over to sqlbox, so you won't
need to drag web-server each time report comes.