Hi

I have a situation where, when submitting an SMS with a request for a
delivery report,  the submit_sm_resp, the msg_id is in hex.

In the DLR deliver_sms, the msg_id is decimal, and this then fails to find
the id in the mysql lookup.

I have tried the msg-id-type settings, but this changes the msg-id written
to the mysql DLR to "0" for some reason .

Is there a way that I can change the coding to set the msg-id received in
the DLR deliver_sm from decimal to hex in all cases, as this will always
come in as decimal.

I am running kannel version 1.4.1, which I have a connection to a Comverse
SMSC, where I could configure the msg-id to either hex or decimal in the
SMPP configs on the SMSC.

I now need to move the SMPP connection to a Huawei SMSC, and they do not
have the functionality to change the DLR msg-id from decimal to hex on the
SMSC according to Huawei, so I need to find an alternative method.

Hopefully somebody can please assist.

Kind regards

Melvin Oberem