Hi,
I have been having issues with 1.4.4 connecting to a SMSC, the bind is
being dropped due to missed enquiry links. The behaviour is very sporadic
behaves for a few days then all of a sudden bind breaks, Kannel rebinds
after receiving an unbind but doesn't send any more messages and keeps
unbinding and binding again on receiving an unbind from the SMSC. This
continues until I do a restart. We switched from a transceiver to TX/RX
model but it only improved the situation slightly. I have other connections
that are functioning without any issues.
Problem is similar to what was posted below

https://www.mail-archive.com/devel@kannel.org/msg03423.html

They are using Redknee for the SMSC

It appears from the tcpdumps that they are attempting to communicate across
a connection that is no longer active, but this doesn't make sense to me as
kannel responds to the unbind messages.

They have requested us to send an unbind request to gracefully shut down
the connection and avoid confusion with the SMSC as to what connection is
active. Anyone know how this can be accomplished ?

Before I attempt to downgrade I wanted to find out if anyone has any ideas
on how I should tackle this problem.

Eric Magutu