Hello
I have configured Kannel to send SMS with two modems Huawei e173.
Everything is working fine. My problems comes when a modem (either)
suddenly stops sending, I get from this modem "+CMS ERROR: 500" . In this
case I have enough credits in SIM, it's a valid recipient, signal is ok,
messages in memory are deleted when they are read by Kannel, I also use
commands through minicom and ever I get "+CMS ERROR: 500". The modem works
again (mysteriously) only when is reconnected. Any suggestions in this
aspect are welcome.
When this error happens, I have one modem available and another modem with
many messages queued, this second modem stays stuck retrying to send
messages indefinitely. My question: Is possible only try to send one time
each message and, in error case, then return this message to the main queue?
I have read user's guide but can't find how to solve it.
Any help is very appreciated.!

I'm using:
- Kannel stable release 1.4.4
- Debian 7.9
- Running boxes: bearerbox and sqlbox (Oracle)

Thanks

Juan Soler

My minimal config file:

group = core
admin-port = 13000
box-allow-ip = "127.0.0.1"
smsbox-port = 13001
log-level = 1
store-type = spool
store-location = "/home/kannel/sms-spool"

group = modems
id = Huawei-E173
detect-string = Huawei
detect-string2 = E173
init-string = "AT+CNMI=2,1,2,2,0"
speed = 115200
message-storage = "SM"
message-start = 0
reset-string = "AT+CFUN=1"

group = smsc
smsc = at
smsc-id = Default
smsc-admin-id = Huawei1
modemtype = Huawei-E173
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
sim-buffering = true
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/huawei1.log"
log-level = 2
max-error-count = 5

group = smsc
smsc = at
smsc-id = Default
smsc-admin-id = Huawei2
modemtype = Huawei-E173
device = /dev/ttyUSB4
sim-buffering = true
log-file = "/var/log/kannel/huawei2.log"
log-level = 2
max-error-count = 5

group = sqlbox
id = sqlbox-db