Without looking again at the source code, I would say this is worth a patch
where sqlbox just deletes the messages upon getting a bearerbox ack.

Van: users [mailto:users-boun...@kannel.org] Namens Giulio Giovannini
Verzonden: vrijdag 15 april 2016 15:38
Aan: users@kannel.org
Onderwerp: Strange sqlbox behaviour

Hi,

I have noticed that sqlbox deletes messages from the send_sms table even if
they have not been relayed to the bearerbox.

I mean, after a bearerbox crash, I have noticed many messages deleted from the
send_sms table and written in the sent_sms that had not reached the bearerbox.
They weren't in the bearebox queue nor sent out to the SMS provider. It looks
like that sqlbox reads and deletes messages from the sent_sms table very fast
and then holds them in memory while relaying them over to the bearerbox. If for
any reason bearerbox is slow, sqlbox can accumulate in memory thousands of
messages.

That looks strange to me. I would assume that one of the main advantages of the
sqlbox would be providing safety against bearerbox crashes thanks to the
DB-based queue.

My set up is very simple:

- I enqueue message on a mysql DB

- sqlbox dequeues them and sends them over to the bearerbox.

Is there a configuration to prevent sqlbox from accumulating messages in memory?

Thanks,

Giulio

--

Mobyt S.p.A.
Via Aldighieri, 10 - 44121 Ferrara - Italy

Mobyt ® - messaging services