On Saturday 17 August 2019 at 12:00:55, Davor Spasoski wrote:

> I’m not sure I quite understand your question, but if it is about signaling
> back the mobile originator that kannel has received the message,

That is half of it.

That would be a dlr_status code 8 "SMSC submit" from the table in Chapter 10
"SMS Delivery Reports" of the kannel user guide.

The other half is a notification that kannel has passed the message on to the
final recipient (by whatever means I'm sending these messages to the person who
needs to see them), so it has been "delivered".

That would be a status code 1 "delivery success" from the same table.

> it will automatically happen if the sender has requested a delivery report
> and the SMSC is set properly to generate the DLR to the sender

Do you mean the SMSC run by my upstream SMS service provider, or do you mean
some part of kannel running on my own server?

> once kannel acknowledges the deliver_sm PDU.

How can I check whether kannel is doing this bit?

> If you are not receiving the DLRs, you should check the smsc setup. It’s
> usually the store and forwaerd engine that is responsible for the DLRs.

Please give a little more detail on what I should check and what to look for.

--
It may not seem obvious, but (6 x 5 + 5) x 5 - 55 equals 5!

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.