We do. There are several points to consider in high performing sbox  (and
bbox as they are siamese twins), most requiring tweaking of underlying
operating systems:
 - check your max open files
 - check your tcp wait timeouts
 - check your cpu core count
 - reconsider your deployment alternatives
 - review your logging requirements
 - check your storage (message and dlr) strategy per the io throughput on
your hardware.
 - check your sendsms agents HTTP version and their keep-alives
 - monitor your concurrent open file handlers/tpc socket count for best
knob values among those.
 - wireshark can be your best friend, sometimes.
 - sqlbox may be another layer of complexity you need to manage and
consider in troubleshooting
 - help yourself with a good (e/sim)mulator for load benchmarking.
 - be ready to dwelve in to the source code as sometimes along the journey
you may find errors text are somewhat discreet.

Tolga Ulas