Hi,

AFAIK, Kannel won’t forward SMS to email by itself.

As for me, the most clear way to do it is to use Kannel to forward SMS to HTTP
and then use HTTP application to handle the messages. Then, routing table (nr
to email) is a part of the application.

The app may be build with any tools you like. It just need to get the message
from URL params (or XML POST), and send it to the destination. You may code it
or use any of low-code/no-code API/workflow builders. It depends of your
available skills, project scale and lifecycle.

Also, AFAIK, Kannel may trigger shell script on SMS, but this option is not
recommended in the docs.

Sincerely,

Alex