On 12/03/2015 12:34 PM, CipherMail support wrote:

>>> It's quite likely that a message contains 4 digits. Could it be that the
>>> mail sent via the CentOS gateway is sent with some other mail app than
>>> the mail sent via the virtual appliance?

>>> The DLP text extractor also extracts header values. So for example a
>>> date header will also be extracted. Since almost all mails contain a
>>> date header, almost any mail will contain 4 digits.
>>>

>> That's true. The original is 8 digits (simulate Dutch Personal Id)
>> but I get the point. What I don't understand (yet) is that my testing
>> method & messages are the same on Ubuntu and CentOS and that it works
>> on the Ubuntu version.
>
> Are you sure that the messages sent via the Ubuntu version are exactly
> the same as the message sent via the CentOS version? If for example the
> message sent via the Ubuntu system is sent by Zimbra but the message
> sent via the CentOS version is sent via Exchange then it's kind of
> comparing apples and oranges. It might be that one mail client (server?)
> adds certain headers with 8 digits and the other mail client (server?) not.

To make it less likely to have false positives, it might help if you
require that the number of digits are exactly 8 for a match. Because
with your original reg exp, digit sequences of 8 or more would trigger.

The following reg exp only triggers on digit sequences of exactly 8 digits:

\b\d{8}\b

Note: the \b is a word boundary separator

Kind regards,

CIpherMail support

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail