On 04/10/2017 02:51 PM, Dino Edwards wrote:
> If I have an internal recipient set with custom S/MIME or PGP options
> and then I have an external recipient also set with custom S/MIME or
> PGP options. When that particular recipient with the custom options
> sends an email to the external recipient also with the custom
> options, which options take precedence with sending email to the
> external recipient?

That depends on the actual option. Some options are only sender
specific, some only recipient specific and some both.

Whether or not an option is a sender and/or recipient option is denoted
by R, S or R | S (where | means or).

So for example "S/MIME Encryption algorithm" is a recipient property.
The "S/MIME Encryption algorithm" setting for the sender is therefore
not used when encrypting. On the other hand the S/MIME option "Skip
calendar messages", is a Sender or Recipient property. If either the
sender of the recipient enabled this option and the message is a
calendar message, the message is not handled by the S/MIME
encryption/signing module.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail