On 04/17/2017 09:32 PM, Heater, B. Roger wrote:
> Our Self Signed Root certificate does not expire for years, however,
> our intermediate certificate, which is the default CA in DJIGZo and
> the certificate that issued all of our individual users' certificates
> expired at the end of March.
>
> Is there a way for us to renew the default CA intermediate
> certificate that has expired in DJIGZO so that the encryption
> certificates for all the users do not need to be recreated?

Unfortunately that is not possible with the CA certs generated with
CipherMail. The best thing would be to create a new CA (root and
intermediate) and make sure it's valid for a very long period (for
example 20 years). The existing keys can still be used for decryption in
case some sender still uses the old certificates.

Instead of using the built-in CA, you might consider using an external
CA and create the root and intermediate(s) externally and then import
them into CipherMail. This might give you more flexibility. The built-in
CA is not as feature rich as a full blown CA server.

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

--
CipherMail email encryption

Email encryption with support for S/MIME, OpenPGP, PDF encryption and
secure webmail pull.

https://www.ciphermail.com

Twitter: http://twitter.com/CipherMail