Hi Don,

2010/4/5 Don Vogt <dn...@yahoo.com>:
>> this problem but
>> >>
>> ~/.mozilla/firefox/YOUR_SALTED_PROFILE/pluginreg.dat and it
>> will be

>> your whole ~/.mozilla
>> again which is a very
>> .mozilla/firefox directory is
>> you are prepared to
>> >>

>> > Both of these were among the first things suggested to
>> the OP. :) But
>> > they didn't make any difference. I think this is one
>> of the problems
>> > with nspluginwrapper, since its installation is
>> system-wide it is very
>> > difficult to isolate when it malfunctions. All the
>> usual troubleshooting
>> > methodology starts failing.
>>
>> Actually everything looked fine on Don's system.
>>
>> > Thankfully Don was very observant and picked up on the
>> error message in
>> > the terminal. Otherwise even knowing that its
>> installed would have been
>> > difficult to guess over emails. Lets hope the problem
>> is isolated now,
>> > and can be resolved.
>>
>> I agree the best option is to get rid of nspluginwrapper:
>> Don is not
>> using it at all and it triggers an error (perfect match!).
>> If it
>> doesn't work, then I would focus in outputs from
>> package-cleanup to
>> inspect suspicious packages installed (there is some livna
>> related
>> packages and others (fc10/11) that can lead to confusion
>> or
>> misconfiguration)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
> I tried renaming ~/.mozilla and starting firefox, with no success.
> I believe that, since firefox never starts, it will not rewrite the
> ~/.mozilla directory.
> When I enter firefox in a terminal, it comes back with "couldn't load XPCOM"
> in about a second, so it isn't getting very far.

Did you remove nspluginwrapper?

>  I tried to clean things up a bit using package-cleanup but didn't do much. I
> did clean out old kernels and kernel-devel files. That didn't solve the
> problem.

What about removing packages from fc10 and fc11?

goffice04-0.4.3-5.fc11.i586
libdhcp4client-4.0.0-37.fc10.i386
libdvdcss-1.2.10-1.i386
libvolume_id-141-7.fc11.i586

Livna is also out of the picture because it was merged with others and
became rpmfusion, so you can remove livna-release-1-1.noarch

> I am not sure I mentioned it before, but I installed another, newer, version
> of firefox. It is a different version , from mozilla.org, that installs in my
> home directory instead of on the system. So far that works fine in parallel
> with the yum installed version (which still doesn't work).

First notice. I don't think is a good idea to have applications
installed both using official package and manually, but it's your
system.

> I have attached new versions of the output of package-cleanup --orphans and
> --leaves, just in case I changed anything.
> I believe I have tried everything that has been suggested, with no success. I
> intend to putter with the package-cleanup files next.
>  I am putting this on the back burner now because:
> 1. I have a working firefox.
> 2 fc13 is coming soon and I need to do a complete re-install anyhow. I have
> been using preupgrade with great success since fc9 but things are getting
> messy. My system is a mess with 3 hard drives, grub boot record installed on
> /dev/sda and the grub files on sda8, but I run fc12 from /dev/sdc7. I have
> two versions of ubuntu, puppy, and another fc12 installed and keeping up to
> date is just too complicated.
> I will post if I find the answer and I would still appreciate any help.
> Otherwise I consider this thread closed.

Keep us posted!

David